“Underdrive”

FleshOnGear

Reaction score
For signal drop, for clean tones. I drop the volume knob on a Strat, flip the toggle on the Gibsons. But you should be able to accomplish what your after with what you purchased.
Yeah, I’m used to keeping the volume low on my neck pickup, and switching to the neck pickup when I want clean sounds. I just wanted to try something different with my pedalboard. The EQ works very well, just a little bit of hiss added.

Michael Roe

Reaction score
One time in the past when I had a single ch amp I added a dual concentric pot to my tone knob and used it as a second (Lower) output volume control. I also added a push/pull knob to my main volume to switch between the two. It worked out pretty good except there was a little switching noise.

Ken Ops

Reaction score
Um.. volume knob?

I wouldn’t put up with any hiss from something that only does what that would accomplish.

FleshOnGear

Reaction score
Um.. volume knob?

I wouldn’t put up with any hiss from something that only does what that would accomplish.
The EQ does more than just lower the signal. It’s giving me a very Fender-like clean tone; it’s definitely different than simply turning down the volume on the guitar. But the noise is there, and I believe there’s a more elegant, passive circuit that would accomplish the same thing. I could build it with parts I have laying around, it’s just a matter of time and energy.